Photography Workshops & Tours
- My Haines photography tours and Haines nature tours are designed for individuals and couples who want to avoid the groups, buses, crowded vans and congestion. A photography workshop is available for the long term guest.
- My full attention will be focused on you, my guests.
- Take a closer look at the Focus on Haines Photography Tour described below
Local Haines Photography Guide and Naturalist
- Tom Ganner has been a guide and naturalist in Haines Alaska for over a decade.
- Photographer, author, and retired teacher, Tom Ganner focuses each tour and workshop on the interests, expectations and expertise of his guests
Extended Photography Workshops
- An immersive experience for the destination traveler to Haines Alaska
- On-site lodging and accommodations on our waterfront property
- Focusing on daily field work followed by critique and post-processing options
- Workshops are limited to individuals and couples. No groups.
- Take a closer look at Photographer’s Dream Destination Photography Workshop and Eagle Quest Wildlife Photography Workshop described below
Haines Alaska offers great opportunities for bear viewing and photography along the Chilkoot River, especially on your own private tour.
The Chilkoot River is a unique experience sought by many visitors to Haines Alaska. I understand the location, the wildlife and the timing as well as my guests’ needs and desires to experience an ethical and personalized wildlife experience.
Designed and tailored for the daily visitor to Haines, Alaska
4 to 5 hour private tours for singles or couples. Limit of 3 people per tour. No buses or vans. Permitted, licensed and insured.
With or without a camera, this tour will take you into the Alaska you have always dreamed of. Glaciers, wildflowers, wildlife and salmon streams are just around the corner away from town.
You call the shots: the tour is designed to suit your choices
This package offers an Alaska photography workshop that is tailored for the destination traveler who wants to discover the best of Alaska. Haines is without a doubt worthy of being your destination vacation in Alaska. No matter the season, opportunities abound for recreation and exploration, especially with a camera in hand. From wildflowers to wildlife, hanging glaciers to glacier fed lakes, salmon running the rivers, sunshine or rain, Haines has never failed to meet and exceed our guest’s desires and dreams, be they hikers, fishers, photographers or sightseers. Regardless of your level of expertise, from beginner to advanced, or your style of camera, from high-end DSLR, point & shoot, or camera phone, my experience will tailor our excursion to suit your level of ability and equipment.
Looking for a wildlife photography workshop focused on wildlife action-photography? Beginning in mid-October, the eagles begin to congregate in great numbers along the Chilkat River and the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve in Haines, Alaska. During a late salmon run, up to 4000 eagle may concentrate along a fourteen-mile stretch of the Chilkat River as temperatures drop and the country locks itself in ice. For the discerning wildlife photographer, there is no greater opportunity to capture dramatic images of eagles as they engage in their late season feeding.
From mid-October to mid-November, I make available a special photography workshop offering for those who want to immerse themselves in the wildlife of the Eagle Festival in the American Bald Eagle Preserve of Haines, Alaska.
For guests who want to focus on bears, visit Haines from August through mid-October. Visit the Wildlife Photography Workshop page for more details.
Come discover why the Chilkat Valley has been called The Valley of the Eagles, and have a peek at the Testimonials link to see what folks have said about their experiences with me in Haines, Alaska.